jueves, 23 de abril de 2015

Mulgrew On Voyager Twentieth Anniversary

MulgrewStock042215
Continuing her interview with StarTrek.com, Kate Mulgrew spoke about Voyager and Captain Kathryn Janeway.
For Mulgrew, it doesn’t seem like the show was twenty years ago. “I find that hard to believe because Janeway is always with me,” she said.
“She’s what people remember,” said Mulgrew. “he has been a great part of my life. It doesn’t feel like it was twenty years ago. It doesn’t at all. So I don’t know how to answer that, except to say it must be a tribute to the experience itself.”
Mulgrew loved the role of Janeway. “Janeway was a magnificent role,” she said. “It was a life-changing and certainly career-changing role that I played, and I played her with every particle of my being. So now, she is resting. She is blissfully resting, but I am always in gratitude to her. And she may be resurrected. You never know.”
Janeway was a role model to young women and Mulgrew is aware of that. “I [hear] that a lot,” she said. “I got that last night in Chicago. I got that in New York, at the launch of the book. I think much of that is connected to Janeway, and I’m grateful to Janeway for that and I’m very grateful to Rick Berman for that, for the opportunity to play her. And I’m most grateful of all to Genevieve Bujold, who had the wherewithal and the grace to step down and not leave the whole thing hanging.”
Would Mulgrew ever play Janeway again? “Yes, but only if I can do it with William Shatner and Patrick Stewart,” she said. “The captains have to get together.”
Source: StarTrek.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario